Project Peace and Joy is an initiative to help families of high school students, in need, from our community. We provide families with gift cards in an effort to make their holiday season extra special. The Old Saybrook High School guidance department has graciously helped to identify families with the greatest needs. Each family represents extremely difficult circumstances, and it's our hope that these gifts will let them know that they are valued, appreciated, and loved...not to mention lift a burden or two!
Your generosity has enabled RDI to continue to bring positive change and revitalization to our community! If you would like to give to Radiant Destiny International for this cause, please click the "donate" button on the bottom of this page and designate your gift to "Project Peace and Joy".
PROJECT PEACE AND JOY!
This year the Old Saybrook High School Guidance department has identified five wonderful families in our community to bless!
1) Household: Single mother with 3 children; mother, as well as high school children work multiple jobs to make ends meet financially
1) Household: Two parents with 4 children; extremely hard-working family; despite significant financial difficulties, the family volunteers with various organizations in/around community
1) Household: Two parents with 2 children; new family to the community due to uncertainty in previous country
1) Household: Two parents with 3 children; ongoing financial difficulties
1) Household: Two parents with 2 children; despite significant financial strain, parents and oldest sibling are wildly hard-working members of the community; family also volunteers within the community
"Thank you, to the angels in the community again, for your overwhelmingly kind support of our students and families"-OSHS Guidance Department
Each high school student receives a $75 gift card
Each family of high school students receive gift cards to Big Y/Stop & Shop, and/or Walmart, as all these families worry about food and essentials year-round (never mind meeting additional needs during the holidays).